To car wash business owners like you, knowing which car upholstery cleaners works can help keep you stay on top.
For you car wash business to maintain its lead in the industry, it has to be able to clean not just the exterior of cars but your service should include a fresh and sparkly interior wash – car upholstery included. Even after vacuuming, grime and dirt can still stick onto the corners and deep surfaces of the upholstered seats. This can eventually lead to color discoloration, development of odor and unpleasant smell.
As a car wash business owner, you need to know how to clean interiors effectively. You need to be aware of the specific products that can help you maintain your customers’ upholstery. Read on and start ticking off your inventory list.
Top 10 Car Upholstery Cleaners Your Car Wash Business Needs
- Meguiar’s Ultimate Interior Detailer – This is a spray and wipe type of upholstery cleaner. It is effective against dust, stains and dirt. Much more, it is easy to apply! No wonder, a lot of experts are recommending this product. It protects your upholstery against aging since it contains UV blockers. It also has a citrus scent that will make your car interior fresh and comfy. It is a practical product because it can be used not just for the upholstery but various surfaces in your car’s interior.
- Meguiar’s Carpet and Interior Car Cleaner – Another product from Meguiar has dominated interior cleaning including cleaning car upholstery. In fact, this product has been featured in Shine Guide UK. According to the review, it contains gentle cleaners that will not harm your cloth upholstery and can remove watermarks too. No wonder a lot of car wash business owners love this product. It is also recommended by Performance Motor Care blog. However, it cannot be used for leather upholstery.
- Eco-Touch Premium Car Care 24 oz. Carpet + Upholstery – Based on the name of the product, this is a non toxic and bio degradable product that most eco car wash business owners prefer to use. This means it does not contain VOCs, fragrances and harmful dyes that can be harmful to the environment. It can safely clean, not just upholstery but also carpets. It is effective and can remove stubborn stains like wine and coffee on your upholstery.
- Scotchgard Oxy Auto Spot and Stain Remover/Scotchgard Auto Fabric and Carpet Foaming Cleaner – According to a Scotchgard.com, this spot and stain remover can remove a long list of tough stains like coffee, food grease, lipstick, dirt, pet urine, motor oil, salt, catsup and even vomit and ink. Another very amazing characteristic of this product is its ability to prevent future resoiling. The Scotchgard Auto Fabric and Carpet Foaming Cleaner on the other hand uses a deep foaming action that not only cleans your upholstery but protects it too.
- Gliptone GT12 Leather Cleaner and GT11 Conditioner – This is perfect for your leather seats. The best partner for this product according to a detailing products retailer from UK is a soft bristled brush and a leather conditioner like GT 11. The cleaner is easy to apply and thoroughly cleans your leather upholstery while the leather conditioner boasts of its thick creamy consistency with restoring action. It also comes with a genuine English leather scent.
- Autoglym Hi-Foam Aerosol Interior Shampoo – This is available in an easy to spray bottle. Most customer reviews in Amazon gave a 5 star rating for this upholstery cleaner. It is popular not only in US car wash business owners but also in the UK. It is tough on stains and dirt but it is safe and gentle on leather and various types of car upholstery. It also removes unwanted odor on your car interior which makes car wash business heads rave about this all the more. Shine Guide UK has this product on their top spot.
- ArmorAll Multipurpose cleaner – Most car wash business owners can attest to the versatility and effectivity of this product. The same UK upholstery cleaner review article shares that apart from being an upholstery cleaner, it can also be a light engine cleaner, degreaser and a multipurpose cleaner. This is something you’d love to keep handy in your supplies cabinet.
- Astonish Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner – This is a budget friendly upholstery cleaner. It can remove stains but will need a bit more rubbing compared to other products. Another thing that most car wash business would benefit from this product is its disinfecting power that can kill mold and mildew.
- Mother’s Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner – This is another environmentally safe product that most eco car wash business managers would love to have added on their supply list. It is a tough cleaner that can remove dirt and stains. It is perfect for various types of upholstery like vinyl, cloth, carpet, sheepskin. This can also be used not just in auto upholstery but also in household fixtures.
- Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner with Fabric Safe Brush – The fancy fabric safe brush is a practical add on because it makes application much easier. The specialized brush applicator can clean easily and allows the user to control the amount of the cleaner to be applied so as not to saturate the fabric. However, it is only compatible with certain stains or surfaces. Velvet or velour car upholstered interiors are not a match with this product.
There are various upholstery cleaners available in the market today. Make sure you do your research well to pick out the best product for your customers’ needs.
Do you need more product reviews on what’s most popular with the best auto detailers today? Check out our blog! We have the updated news in the various areas of your car wash business.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable business and franchise info, ideas, and extras!